How to map your dance pad with Windows
In this article we explain how to configure the dance pad with your PC, so the PC will know which buttons you press while playing.
Here’s what this article covers:
Open StepMania on your PC
- Open the StepMania game
- To begin mapping process, go to the options menu:
Then select Config Key/Joy Mappings.
You should see the Map Controllers screen. This screen may look incredibly daunting at first, but don't give up! This is the last thing you need to do before you start playing.
Firstly, navigate all the way down, until you see a row described as Left MenuLeft.
- Click Enter button on your keyboard. The line of dashes should start flickering.
- Then, tap the left arrow on your dance mat. The game should detect this and map display Joy1 B1 in this row. The joystick number might be different for you (e.g. Joy2, Joy3), that is okay, don't worry about it!
- After you map the left arrow, go down one row to the row marked as Right MenuRight.
- Repeat the same process, this time with the right arrow.
- Map all of the arrows this way.
At the end, the screen should look like this:
Select Save To Disk and then Exit. You are done! It's high time to start dancing!
In the Related reading section you can find a link to an article about adding more songs to your StepMania. Take me there.
If something went wrong, go to Troubleshooting section
If you'd like to install more songs for StepMania, check how to do it in the article How to install more songs for StepMania
If the game doesn't allow you to map the dance pad:
- Please double check if the game was installed correctly. You may consider to re-install it - read How to install StepMania
- You can also check Dance pad isn't detected on my device
- If it's something else, you can try to ask for advice our community on Reddit