Open StepMania on your Mac
- Open the StepMania application.
- To begin the mapping process, go to the Options menu:
- Select Input & Calibration.
- Then select Config Key/Joy Mappings.
- You should see the following screen. It may look incredibly daunting at first, but don't give up! This is the last thing you need to do before you start playing.
- Firstly, navigate all the way down, until you see a row described as Left MenuLeft.
- Press Return on your keyboard. The line of dashes should start flashing.
- Then, tap the left arrow on your dance mat. The game should detect this and map display Joy1_Button 1 in this row. The joystick number might be different for you (e.g. Joy2, Joy3), that is okay, don't worry about it!
- After you map the left arrow, go down one row to the row marked as Right MenuRight.
- Repeat the same process, this time with the right arrow.
- Map all of the arrows this way.
At the end, the screen should look like this:
Select Save To Disk and then Exit. You are done! It's high time to start dancing!
In the Related reading section you can find a link to an article about adding more songs to your StepMania.
If something went wrong, go to Troubleshooting section
If the game doesn't allow you to map the dance pad: